What's harder to quit - codeine or facebook?

Anything not music related ends up in here - a place for our community to chat and joke. You need a thick skin to survive, and don't let the regulars put you off, they're (nearly) all a nice bunch of people.

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

What's harder to quit - codeine or facebook?

Post by Bigby » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:17 pm

So, I injured my shoulder back in December and the pain didn't go away due to a rotator cuff injury. I was self isolating at the time due to being a misery guts cynical bad loser about the general election - so I deactivated my facebook account. Barely missed social media (so I thought). The pain from the shoulder injury lead me to taking codeine for probably longer than I should have. I quit the codeine just over a week ago - and my god the withdrawal effects were ugly. Mad stomach cramps which also caused crazy bad back pain which kept feeling like I'd been kicked in the nuts, insane mood swings (even worse than my normal ones for those who know me), insomnia. Way way worse than quiting social media. Or so I thought until I came on here. One new thread from Tam and I'm jumping straight back in with a probably overly personal thread with no real purpose other than to give my fingers something to tap away at while I sit here being a slacker listening to breaks and wishing it was fifteen years ago. This place (and the breaks scene) really was amazing - there's no way I would have been able to quit NSB back in the day that's for sure. There reallly was something different about engaging socially online back then - possibly it was fundamentally communal (on here at least) nature of it rather than the rampant individualism of facebook et al. Anyway, yeah, I've got the rose tinted specs on too.

Big Love everyone! :love:

Bring back NSB - Bring back noughtiness! :pervolin:
tetchsteppa aka darktech is the real tetchsteppa wrote:
are you mad ?
E1 BASS
Addicted to NSB
Addicted to NSB

Re: What's harder to quit - codeine or facebook?

Post by E1 BASS » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:36 pm

Been wondering where did you disappear. It's SAK here.. dunno how to change my nick here. Glad all is well with ya xx
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Bigby » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:02 pm

Big Love Sakari! :lurve: Hope you're well too brother!
are you mad ?
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Bigby » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:03 pm

are you mad ?
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Bigby » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:30 pm

are you mad ?
TT_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by TT_ » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:27 pm

I've not had the pleasure of a codeine withdrawal situation (haven't heard it but it's shit etc)

But I have zero potential to stay off fuck book

I prefer this place though

Bigupyabadself biggles ! Howdy Sakari !
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Bigby » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:52 pm

I probably should head back over to facebook to be honest, it's been a while now. Likewise though, I prefer this place (it's mainly to reconnect with nsb'ers that I'd go back on f'book).
are you mad ?
TT_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by TT_ » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:54 pm

dunno , if you've weaned yourself off FB now's probly not the best time to go back IMO

Currently FB is the worst its ever been, its either people ranting about Corona or sponsored ads for overpriced bog roll and hand gel

There are currently very few lols of the FB
Danny
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Danny » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:28 am

TT_ wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:54 pm
dunno , if you've weaned yourself off FB now's probly not the best time to go back IMO

Currently FB is the worst its ever been, its either people ranting about Corona or sponsored ads for overpriced bog roll and hand gel

Facebook stinks, but if you have a lot of friends abroad, I really don't see any alternative to stay in touch. I can reach a lot of you guys here, but places like these are scarce, I don't have that for my other international friends. Facebook has become a necessary evil.
ImageImage
TT_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by TT_ » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:01 pm

Danny wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:28 am
TT_ wrote:

Facebook stinks, but if you have a lot of friends abroad, I really don't see any alternative to stay in touch. I can reach a lot of you guys here, but places like these are scarce, I don't have that for my other international friends. Facebook has become a necessary evil.
I prefer NSB, people keep asking me on FB why im up so late......I want to say cause im up all night drinking and smoking and what the fuck business is it of yours ? but then i rememebr its on fb
Danny
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Danny » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:39 am

TT_ wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:01 pm
Danny wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:28 am
TT_ wrote:

I prefer NSB, people keep asking me on FB why im up so late......I want to say cause im up all night drinking and smoking and what the fuck business is it of yours ? but then i rememebr its on fb
For a beacon of free speech, facebook really isn't that free :lol:
I'm sure Jimmy tore his hairs out when things started getting overly coarse on here though, pretty sure we scared of some prospective new members away with our shenanigans ;)
ImageImage