New R-Kidz! Wicked glitchy electrobreaks are back!

The place to discuss the latest in good music - debate, appreciate, reviews, videos, release information and promotional posts

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

Addictech Records
Lurker
Lurker

New R-Kidz! Wicked glitchy electrobreaks are back!

Post by Addictech Records » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:31 am

Artist: R-Kidz
Release: Rumble Futuristic
Label: Addictech Records
Release Date: July 4th, 2018
Duration: 12:14
Catalog# ADDICTECH122
UPC Code: 192562749296
File Under: Breakbeat, Electro

For the highest percentage to go to the artist, please consider purchasing this release from the Addictech.com store directly. -> https://addic.tech/product/282269

Addictech Records Facebook: www.facebook.com/addictechrecords
Addictech Records Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/addictech-records/
Rumble Futuristic on addic.tech: https://addic.tech/product/282269
Rumble Futuristic on Bandcamp: www.addictechrecords.bandcamp.com/album/r-ki…futuristic
Rumble Futuristic on Itunes: www.goo.gl/XRjXvp
Rumble Futuristic on Google Play: www.goo.gl/92UQqY
Rumble Futuristic on Amazon: www.goo.gl/i8ttX5
Rumble Futuristic on Beatport: www.goo.gl/2uXAU7
Rumble Futuristic on Spotify: www.goo.gl/baLc4s
Rumble Futuristic on Soundcloud: www.goo.gl/4Bmh4f

The enigmatic Paul Holroyde (a.k.a. R-Kidz) is one of those rare producers who lives up to the ideal of quality, not quantity. While he has been a major player in the UK rave and DMC Championship scenes since before Kurt Cobain died, also a noted member of big beat band Goldbug in the mid '90s, his release schedule has always been a little sparse. With Paul having spent extensive time on the road supporting and recording scratches for the likes of Jimmy Cliff, Jeff Beck, Brand New Heavies, Jarvis Cocker, and the Ali G Show, fans are lucky to get a track here and there, from his solo work or his infamous Lawgiverz collaboration with Nick "Knoize" Ashcroft.

However, considered on its own merits, Holroyde's modest catalogue is epically impressive. No one can spin a glitchy, psychedelic breakbeat tune with quite the same flair.

Lucky for us, Holroyde saw fit to return to his studio recently, uncovering some incredible classic breakbeats that were in his personal unreleased collection, secret weapons for years finally being unleashed.

"Rumble (Hardcore Will Never Die Mix)" has an old-school hardcore vibe, the bass doesn't so much drop, as it unfurls like the infinite of all things that one sees revealed during a heavy psychedelic trip.

"Futuristic" has a serrated vocal line and a taste of the Apache break to give it that hip-hop flavour, an ancient techno synth lead, and growling bassline, all of which is selectively and tastefully stuttered to keep pushing the broken beat. It goes off on a Luke Vibert come Josh Wink mad acid tangent, before dropping back into the pocket.

Breakbeat lovers rejoice, R-Kidz is back!

Even though this release is available at over 300 outlets, we encourage you to purchase from the Addictech.com store. We are very generous to our artists, and by purchasing from this site you support them directly with no middleman!

Promotional packages available for DJ, radio, media and blog reviews.

Written and produced by Paul Holroyde (R-Kidz)
Additional production by James Holroyde (The Antidwarf)
Mixed by Nick Ashcroft
Mastered by Bil Bless
T.R.O.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Twitter: tromusic

Re: New R-Kidz! Wicked glitchy electrobreaks are back!

Post by T.R.O. » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:09 am

nice! :D

I was listening to Forbidden Planet just yesterday.
OUT NOW:
Prato - The Naysayers (T.R.O. remix) [Deep Garnet]
T.R.O. - Tronce [VIM]
Journeyman & Barrcode - Feel The Rhythm (T.R.O. remix) [VIM Bronze]
T.R.O. - No Name [VIM Bronze]

Soundcloud
Furioso | Austero
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by shaman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:36 am

T.R.O. wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:09 am
nice! :D

I was listening to Forbidden Planet just yesterday.
A shame this release doesn't link to the earlier one on addictech, due to the different way of typing the artist name.

I'm also a bit sad I can't seem to listen to all parts of tracks on the site. :violin:
Protoplasym
Regular Reader
Regular Reader

Post by Protoplasym » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 am

I left feedback,

"Rumble (Hardcore Will Never Die Mix)

Manic Intro. Drop is huge! Glitched up Horn riff is weird, but fun. 2:38 - sounds like SupaTrigga! Big, badass sound - reminds me of the old Mechanoise days! Badass vocal sample. 5:05 - that Fill is narly. Love that huge Metallic Snare. I'd play this, bigtime. The Outro would be a bear to Mix out of, but it is highly creative and I respect it for that.

"Futuristic"

Wicked Snares... whoaaaaaaa. HUGE Drop!!! Bass is massive and tight as hell. 1:06 - Wicked Fill. I love the Nuskool Bassline. Gargantuan tune like the old days in the early '00s, I'd play the hell out of this. The Production on both of these tunes is extremely well balanced at both low and high volumes in my cheap PC headphones.

:yesyes:
Protoplasym
Regular Reader
Regular Reader

Post by Protoplasym » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:43 am

I've been jamming these in the car lately and wooooooow, they are rocking so hard. The Production is out of this world.... Mechanoise madness! The Layering on the Snares is beyond incredible and the Edits and Fillwork are beyond exciting.

I hope the release does extremely well.

:badger: