Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

The place to discuss the latest in good music - debate, appreciate, reviews, videos, release information and promotional posts

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

Post Reply
User avatar
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 37838
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:25 pm

Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by shaman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:40 am

I can't quite believe that this track isn't available to buy digitally anymore.
beatportdan wrote:The chart, as are many other similar 'lists of the decade' were chosen by the content editor. We weren't able to judge it from tracks sales as Beatport hasn't been in existance long enough.

'Emit' would easily been in the top 10 list if was available digitally, which unfortunately it no longer is
Can't someone get this signed up and back out there?
User avatar
Richie Balboa
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 3996
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:57 pm
Location: www.richiebalboa.com
Contact:

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by Richie Balboa » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:43 am

I bought it off Juno mate a while ago (digitally) as well as a load of old blim stuff, have a look there?
RichieBalboa.com

Manager of NSB Radio

twitter.com/djrichiebalboa
myspace.com/djrichiebalboa
facebook.com/djrichiebalboa

Juno Breakbeat podcast mixed by me
User avatar
Ali Baba
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 25124
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:29 pm

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by Ali Baba » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:45 am

User avatar
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 37838
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:25 pm

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by shaman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:48 am

Excellent. Ignore me. I get all my news from beatportdan. :bang:
User avatar
Ali Baba
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 25124
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:29 pm

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by Ali Baba » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:52 am

tbf this thread has reminded me that I'm 99% sure I've never got round to buying this on Digi since I stopped using vinyl. Will be rectifying that later!
Always worth checking a few sites though m8 ;)
User avatar
_OhGee
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 15290
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:54 pm
Location: Mad beef
Contact:

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by _OhGee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:55 am

absolute tune. always gets the party going, whilst simultaneously alienating the chinstrokers
User avatar
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 37838
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:25 pm

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by shaman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:55 am

Ali Baba wrote:tbf this thread has reminded me that I'm 99% sure I've never got round to buying this on Digi since I stopped using vinyl. Will be rectifying that later!
Always worth checking a few sites though m8 ;)
sure. i just thought that, as streetwise shut up, it would have gone the way of so many others.

shame it hasn't made it onto beatport as it might have got a mention in the top 10 breaks tracks of the last 10 years or whatever.
User avatar
Dr.Schmidt
Poster-lite
Poster-lite
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Augsburg / Germany

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by Dr.Schmidt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:29 am

That's a track I never understood. Those synths just make me want to tear my skin off. But it became a huge hit....

A.
User avatar
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 37838
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:25 pm

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by shaman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:34 am

Dr.Schmidt wrote:That's a track I never understood. Those synths just make me want to tear my skin off. But it became a huge hit....

A.
i think it's the drums and the huge rises in it.

really gets people going on the dancefloor.

but yeah, i agree. if you just look at the synth, it's not the nicest sound in the world.

goes well with the track tho.
User avatar
Mike Darkfloor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 40616
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:23 am
Location: Darkfloor.
Contact:

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by Mike Darkfloor » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 am

Ferry Corsten was huge at the time and it was regularly played by him as well.

It had massive crossover appeal.
User avatar
CBW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 12440
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:22 pm
Location: You're so stark ravin' Normal!
Contact:

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by CBW » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:15 am

somethings work, it was massive, people loved it. :woo:
User avatar
KidChameleon
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 5819
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:59 pm
Location: the Scott mills Of NSB

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by KidChameleon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 am

tune still have my one sided white of this it fell into the catagory with bullet train of overplayed so everyone started hating on it
Image
http://postbocks.com/user/KidChameleonUK/mixes
Hdcr enrgy Vol 6 out NOW
Daz F - Prime EP (Kidchameleon Remix OUT NOW)
Pip Williams - Empire (kidchameleon Remix) out now
Enough Weapons - Walking on Water (KidC Rmx) out soon

WANT TO BE ON NSB RADIO?-EMAIL kid@nsbradio.co.uk
Now part of the On A Break Family!
Kidchameleon is a massive cunt but knows how to pick a good tune
beatportdan
Noob
Noob
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:54 pm

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by beatportdan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:21 pm

We were requested by TCR to remove the track in question from sale
User avatar
Kraymon
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 2976
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:11 am

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by Kraymon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:31 pm

I thought it was released on Streetwise? :|
User avatar
Bin Jesus
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 18132
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Right up your fackin vatican.

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by Bin Jesus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 pm

shaman wrote:
Dr.Schmidt wrote:That's a track I never understood. Those synths just make me want to tear my skin off. But it became a huge hit....

A.
i think it's the drums and the huge rises in it.

really gets people going on the dancefloor.

but yeah, i agree. if you just look at the synth, it's not the nicest sound in the world.

goes well with the track tho.
Same critism cold be levelled at Sidney Sampson - Riverside, fucking aweful tune with horrible synths that has somehow become one of the biggest tracks in the club scene over the 2 years of so since it was released. sometimes theres no acounting for what works and what doesnt.

emit/collect is a fucking tune tho, like shaman says its pretty much the drums, the rises and the tension building in it that makes it such a beast of a tune...
User avatar
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 37838
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:25 pm

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by shaman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Kraymon wrote:I thought it was released on Streetwise? :|
it was. but they closed. so i imagine tracks went back to producers and rennie got his remix back.
User avatar
foxington
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 33152
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: sarf

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by foxington » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Bingo Jesus wrote:
shaman wrote:
Dr.Schmidt wrote:That's a track I never understood. Those synths just make me want to tear my skin off. But it became a huge hit....

A.
i think it's the drums and the huge rises in it.

really gets people going on the dancefloor.

but yeah, i agree. if you just look at the synth, it's not the nicest sound in the world.

goes well with the track tho.
Same critism cold be levelled at Sidney Sampson - Riverside, fucking aweful tune with horrible synths that has somehow become one of the biggest tracks in the club scene over the 2 years of so since it was released. sometimes theres no acounting for what works and what doesnt.

emit/collect is a fucking tune tho, like shaman says its pretty much the drums, the rises and the tension building in it that makes it such a beast of a tune...
i think it's because both tunes are really simple, they have big buildups, the drums and mixdown are heavy and the hook is catchy as fuck.
User avatar
Marty_B
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 4762
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:05 am
Location: At the club on the wrong night.
Contact:

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by Marty_B » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:22 pm

wikid tune,

whats even better is listening to Rennie tell the story of how the tune came about.

Ill try and get it all down in interview time with him as it really is quite interesting.

Tune!
Image

Breaks/PsyBreaks/Nuskool Breaks/ Been here for ages.
User avatar
Watoo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 9679
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:04 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by Watoo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Did Chris Carter do the drums?
Image
User avatar
Ali Baba
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 25124
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:29 pm

Re: Zero - Emit / Collect (Rennie Pilgrem Agatha Stomp)

Post by Ali Baba » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:03 pm

james fox wrote:
Bingo Jesus wrote:
shaman wrote:
Dr.Schmidt wrote:That's a track I never understood. Those synths just make me want to tear my skin off. But it became a huge hit....

A.
i think it's the drums and the huge rises in it.

really gets people going on the dancefloor.

but yeah, i agree. if you just look at the synth, it's not the nicest sound in the world.

goes well with the track tho.
Same critism cold be levelled at Sidney Sampson - Riverside, fucking aweful tune with horrible synths that has somehow become one of the biggest tracks in the club scene over the 2 years of so since it was released. sometimes theres no acounting for what works and what doesnt.

emit/collect is a fucking tune tho, like shaman says its pretty much the drums, the rises and the tension building in it that makes it such a beast of a tune...
i think it's because both tunes are really simple, they have big buildups, the drums and mixdown are heavy and the hook is catchy as fuck.
^^ Nail, head
Post Reply