Hey all!

New to the forum? This is the place for you. Find out more about breaks, find out some rules for site. Say hello and post an introduction post, we won't bite!

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

petahmusic
Lurker
Lurker
Facebook: primitivemusicofficial

Hey all!

Post by petahmusic » Sun May 01, 2022 9:56 am

Hi, this is Petah, DJ and promoter based in Cambridge, UK. I was a huge nuskool breaks fan back in the mid 2000's - it was pretty much the genre that got me hooked on electronic music. Even though in the recent years I shifted towards techno, breaks from that era will always have a special place in my heart 🙂

I'm gonna be honest, the reason to register on this forum originally was to share the news about my next event (Chris Carter and A:B:S @ Cambridge), but if I could also make some new friends in the process, that would be even better!
Danny
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Hey all!

Post by Danny » Tue May 03, 2022 10:29 am

Always happy to welcome new people, even if things have gotten quite slow around here. There are still plenty of lurkers though.
ImageImage
petahmusic
Lurker
Lurker
Facebook: primitivemusicofficial

Post by petahmusic » Tue May 17, 2022 7:08 pm

Hey Danny, thanks for the welcome :) It's a bit of a shame that forums are not as popular anymore as they were back in the 2000's. Especially now that breaks seems to be coming back, NSB would be such a better place to share news about new releases, mixes, events etc than Facebook/Instagram :?
Danny
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Danny » Thu May 19, 2022 8:24 am

petahmusic wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:08 pm Hey Danny, thanks for the welcome :) It's a bit of a shame that forums are not as popular anymore as they were back in the 2000's. Especially now that breaks seems to be coming back, NSB would be such a better place to share news about new releases, mixes, events etc than Facebook/Instagram :?
You are preaching to the choir, my friend! I have become increasingly dejected with social media. I'm at the brink of deleting my twitter account and I'm barely on facebook anymore, I just have it so I have a way to contact my friends abroad. I would love for things to pick up again here, it was such good fun back in the haydays.
Who knows though, it seems I'm not the only one who's started to become fed up with social media, maybe more people will start to realize that a properly moderated environment is much, much better then the shouty, almost anything goes places that have become so popular.
ImageImage