Conservative party

Anything not music related ends up in here - a place for our community to chat and joke. You need a thick skin to survive, and don't let the regulars put you off, they're (nearly) all a nice bunch of people.

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

User avatar
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 21099
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:31 pm
Location: Down by the river.

Re: Conservative party

Post by Bigby » Mon May 04, 2020 3:59 pm

TT_ wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:27 am
Bigby wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:37 am
Jeremy Hunt talking about the necessity of international socialism. :cow:
eh WOT ?


I knew I should have included the article. Can't find it now. There was a report about Hunt bigging up the need for international co-operation - how we need to all work together for the people or something. Sounded more communist than Corbyn.
tetchsteppa aka darktech is the real tetchsteppa wrote:
are you mad ?
loonie
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:32 am

Re: Conservative party

Post by loonie » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:17 am

what kind of party is that?
User avatar
Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 am

Re: Conservative party

Post by Protoplasym » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:28 am

Bigby wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:59 pm
TT_ wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:27 am
Bigby wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:37 am
Jeremy Hunt talking about the necessity of international socialism. :cow:
eh WOT ?


I knew I should have included the article. Can't find it now. There was a report about Hunt bigging up the need for international co-operation - how we need to all work together for the people or something. Sounded more communist than Corbyn.
That's called, "word salad".
User avatar
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 21099
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:31 pm
Location: Down by the river.

Re: Conservative party

Post by Bigby » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:01 am

Protoplasym wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:28 am
Bigby wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:59 pm
TT_ wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:27 am
Bigby wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:37 am
Jeremy Hunt talking about the necessity of international socialism. :cow:
eh WOT ?


I knew I should have included the article. Can't find it now. There was a report about Hunt bigging up the need for international co-operation - how we need to all work together for the people or something. Sounded more communist than Corbyn.
That's called, "word salad".
Is it? Don't I just say the same thing twice, the second time in a slightly gramatically incorrect way. It isn't impossible to grasp the meaning (which is what I thought word salad was).
tetchsteppa aka darktech is the real tetchsteppa wrote:
are you mad ?
User avatar
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 37822
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:25 pm

Re: Conservative party

Post by shaman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:51 pm

Gavin Williamson (education secretary twat) turned down offer from BT for cheap/ free broadband for school children.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... p-23281316
User avatar
Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 am

Re: Conservative party

Post by Protoplasym » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:27 pm

shaman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:51 pm
Gavin Williamson (education secretary twat) turned down offer from BT for cheap/ free broadband for school children.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... p-23281316
No such thing as, "free". Someones taxes has to pay for those social services.....

State - "Would you like to pay for someones internet service?"

Me - "No thanks."
User avatar
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 37822
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:25 pm

Re: Conservative party

Post by shaman » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:07 am

BT is a private company.

But, even if it was still a state owned company...

We're talking about educating disadvantaged children while schools are closed. Kids who have no internet or computer and are reliant on mum's mobile phone. It's arguably better for society if disadvantaged children are educated and get jobs and shit instead of joining gangs and selling weed and mugging old ladies because they failed all their exams/ got chucked out for being disruptive. So yeah. Why can't we give 'em a reconditioned laptop and a dongle until they are back in school?
Post Reply