Why Did I Buy Abelton Live?

Seek advice, post tracks, help others, discuss studio hardware and software - from studio pros to beginners, all are welcome...

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

The Mitchell
Regular Reader
Regular Reader

Post by The Mitchell » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:54 am

i have no proof. as i say its just personal opinion. My first argument is after recording the same band, same song in both ableton and logic the preferred quality came from logic. This as i say though was from a band recording. So i know that this involves live instruments but ableton should be able to record live instruments with the same quality as any other sequencer can. Having said this the results are much less noticable i have found when working on electronic tracks. Thats just my two penneth anyhoo.
Capo-wear-I
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Capo-wear-I » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:58 pm

No difference in sound quality providing :

You keep the tempo the same (ie no Warping)
You keep the playback mode as Beats or re-picth, not complex, tones or texture.

This has been proved time and time again..

Plug-ins are a different story, but then that not the same as 'sound quality' is it.

I hate the term 'sound quality' personally - it's not very descrpitive, is it ?
8)
My Name is Gino
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by My Name is Gino » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:00 pm

Whatever tools you use, you can make anything sound good if you apply yourself...Ableton rocked when I used it, but I didnt buy it and if I did, I would make sure I learnt it and used it to its fullest.
Gino's April 2013 House Mix ->
voodoobass
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by voodoobass » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:08 pm

Well, I'm a die-hard fan of Reason 4, but I must admit, I've enjoyed dabbling in Live 7, the different workflow means I approach making tunes differently. Sonically though I think Reason pwns - although that's probably cos I'm a bit of a ninja with all the back panel routing and stuff. Shame my PC's not beastly enough to be able to use the two rewired together. CPU too weak :(
Congratulations and thank you for having chosen to read this text. You're AWESOME! Yes you are!!!
dougsdinner
Noob
Noob

Re: Why Did I Buy Abelton Live?

Post by dougsdinner » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Digging up old threads FTW.

I've just started playing about with Ableton. It's a bit annoying if I'm honest, but I'll persevere.
I remember when this were all fields....