(tune) whats happenin

Seek advice, post tracks, help others, discuss studio hardware and software - from studio pros to beginners, all are welcome...

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

Lightshapers
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

(tune) whats happenin

Post by Lightshapers » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:07 pm

bit of hoooouse muzak

something i knocked up recently, mostly done on hardware (strat/p-bass/electribes/bass station/mpc) marinated in a little reaktor and deep fried in cubase 8.5

still needs a little garnish but its nearly finished

J
Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Re: (tune) whats happenin

Post by Protoplasym » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:34 am

I left feedback,

"Wonderful Intro for Mixing. There's a dissonant note in your Bassline riff during the breakdown, it doesn't ruin the tune, but it sounds off. 1:38 I was expecting more on the Drop. 2:45 Nice Breakdown, I was expecting some noises like that around the 1:38 mark. The Bell Lead at 3:15 is fun, I hope that gets developed coming out of this Breakdown. 3:30, I would add a drum roll to accompany your Lead riff. That Horn at 3:48 was neat, I would have enjoyed more of that. There's just not enough going on for me coming out of the Breakdown... too minimal. There's that sexy Horn at 4:24 again and 4:35, I like it... wish it was panned out with a full riff. Nice and long Mixout, Production sounds solid on my cheap PC Headphones. Overall not my cup, but a solid House tune for sure."
Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Re: (tune) whats happenin

Post by Protoplasym » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:35 am

Well, I tried to but Soundcloud won't take my comment... strange