[tune] Hypercube

Seek advice, post tracks, help others, discuss studio hardware and software - from studio pros to beginners, all are welcome...

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

alex_virr
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

[tune] Hypercube

Post by alex_virr » Sat May 06, 2017 2:10 pm

New one from me, coming out on May 12 on Micropope Recordings. Weird hybrid house and bass / melodic thing.

Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Re: [tune] Hypercube

Post by Protoplasym » Mon May 08, 2017 9:09 pm

The Pad in the beginning is sorta Blade Runnerish. The Production is spot on for this, clear, no distortion, and full of color. The KD & SD are nice and big. Cool Fill around the 1 minute mark. Nice Build at 1:21.

Cool Nuskool Fill at 2:00... I wish there was more of that. Neat edits on the Bass every 32. The Lead at 2:40 sounds a bit hollow, I wish it was a hair brighter, but it sounds like you did that on purpose to put it in the back of the Mix, if that was your aim, I see why you did it.

The vocal sample on the Breakdown around 3:40ish is slightly buried in the Mix during that section, sounds great towards the end of the tune though... but I've always had trouble hearing samples. The 303ish Lead around 4:00+ is neat, at 4:22 I like how you start opening the Filter Cutoff on it... I wish you would have gone further with it and really let it go!! That Nuskool Fill at 4:50 is raw, love that patch.

5:25 - ah, I can hear that sample perfectly now.. cool delayed edit on it at the end. The Mixout is not long enough imo. I would have doubled or quadrupled it. It's solid the way you did it, but I'd prefer it longer for a nice and long Mix. 8)

Sweet lil House tune, a lot of effort went into this I can see... I'd play this as a second or third tune in a Set.
Doomo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: [tune] Hypercube

Post by Doomo » Wed May 10, 2017 12:17 pm

Sounds like a modern take on the early 2000s trancey prog. Whilst the bassline is basic I could imagine it sounding absolutely banging on the big system.