[Tune] Kinda berkz?? Well, broken.

Seek advice, post tracks, help others, discuss studio hardware and software - from studio pros to beginners, all are welcome...

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

[Tune] Kinda berkz?? Well, broken.

Post by ~Lander~ » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:43 pm

I was having an awful time with making techno and I think I got trapped into feeling like I had to make it. I was pretty much bullied into making something totally different and was given a BPM of 118 to work with. Once I got into it I had loads of fun with this track but it is still weak in some areazzzzzzz, bcz obvs :)

https://soundcloud.com/stacieannechurch ... ia/s-dj0o7

https://soundcloud.com/leftwingrecordin ... eftwing011 I have somehow done a track that has been released. I know, I don't know how either.
LTJ_Nukem wrote:i'm only here for the signatures
Dan Badbro_ wrote:Totes deffo
Lightshapers
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: [Tune] Kinda berkz?? Well, broken.

Post by Lightshapers » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:27 pm

drums sound a bit rigid to me, probably look at altering velocity on that snare and making it hit just slightly before/after the 5/13 to make it roll more.

mix sounds flat/limp to me but i suspect its not finished

just imho obvs
:violin:
T.R.O.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Twitter: tromusic

Post by T.R.O. » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Nice track!
OUT NOW:
Spinnet - Flight Mode (T.R.O. remix) [Deep Garnet]
T.R.O. - Feierlich [Deep Garnet]
Borka FM & Deeply Unexpected - 2@35 (T.R.O. remix) [Deep Garnet]
Prato - The Naysayers (T.R.O. remix) [Deep Garnet]

Soundcloud
Furioso | Austero
Doomo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Doomo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:56 am

Good start. Id agree the drums are a touch rigid and would probably sound better with some panning / width in the percussion parts. Also, try moving some of the elements about a tiny bit (128th on the score) and see if it loosens them up.

It needs something more at the bottom end. some other bass notes as well as the sub in the kick
~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:47 am

Fanks for the listens pplz :)

It is my first proper go at making something a bit different to what I normally would so any advice is awesomesssssss.

Lightlyshapers, what do you mean the mix is "flat" exactly. Lacking someone obvs, but what? :chin:

Thanks TRO :lurve:

Ooooh, 128m I'll give it a bash Doomo :D
https://soundcloud.com/leftwingrecordin ... eftwing011 I have somehow done a track that has been released. I know, I don't know how either.
LTJ_Nukem wrote:i'm only here for the signatures
Dan Badbro_ wrote:Totes deffo
bobby hill
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by bobby hill » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:20 pm

this type of challenge has to be a good rut breaker outer ?

i learned a new word the other day -
"Einstellung is the development of a mechanized state of mind. Often called a problem solving set, Einstellung refers to a person's predisposition to solve a given problem in a specific manner even though better or more appropriate methods of solving the problem exist."

agree that the drums need to swing a bit more but i thought the overall groove was good - it didn't sound sluggish even though the tempo is relatively slow
Lightshapers
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Lightshapers » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:26 pm

~Lander~ wrote: what do you mean the mix is "flat" exactly. Lacking someone obvs, but what? :chin:
its all relative to the other bits obviously, on first listen i just thought the mids and top end needed to be brought out more

having said that i only listened once and it could be what i was listening to beforehand was overly bright, and probably mastered as well

also if you havnt already have a look at stereo widening/enhancers or/and mid side eq, i am particularly fond of this http://www.brainworx-music.de/en/plugins/bx_digital_v2
:violin:
Doomo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Doomo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:05 am

Lightshapers wrote:it could be what i was listening to beforehand was overly bright, and probably mastered as well
I am actually amazed by the difference in balance between various pro tracks, even from the top labels. It seems as if tracks are being pushed in certain frequency bands to make them stand out but the end result isnt that pleasant to listen to.
Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Post by Protoplasym » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:31 am

Well I really like the graphic you used for your tune, all that vivid blue and purple, very cool. ;)

I like this beat, the heavy and metallic Hi-Hat work is driving. It's a lot of high end, not that it sounds overly crowded in the 1-5k region, but sections like 2:05ish are pretty bright. I'm listening at high volume and it works well: it sounds like you did some serious sculpting with those Hi-Hats. The only bass I hear is from that left to right panning organ/pad like sound, perhaps this was intentional. Perhaps it's my cheap speakers that aren't picking the Sub up.

The tune doesn't go anywhere for me personally, but the Beat is cool. I think a melody in the lower frequencies would be welcomed.