[LP] Stabilizer - Canine (Plastic Raygun)

The place to discuss the latest in good music - debate, appreciate, reviews, videos, release information and promotional posts

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

hoganirold

[LP] Stabilizer - Canine (Plastic Raygun)

Post by hoganirold » Fri May 21, 2004 12:53 pm

Stabilizer - Canine – Plastic raygun

Long awaited debut LP from plastic rayguns prized asset - Canine is more than just a collection of singles, Stabilizer uses the opportunity to spread his classy production skills around the edges of the broken beat; tasting the flavours of hip hop, house and electro.

Album opnener ‘what it takes’ harks back to the days of early chemical brothers likewise ‘Nitzer’ peps up the chemical beats with a nitro break and catchy hooks. ‘One Ton Truck’ is reminiscient of the avalanches – quirky smile inducing samples, horizontal pianos and a seriously groovy hip hop backbeat.

There are lazy summer downbeat tunes to get you into the festival vibe (‘shakka’ and ‘downtip’), and are electro house-breaks stompers to get the Ibiza hardcore shaking. Unsurprisingly though it is when the breaks are combined with vocalists that the album shines. Unbreakable uses dynamo dresden’s vocalist to add an ethereal vocal to a chunky tune.

The standout track on the LP though is the gritty dub-enriched booty bumper that is ‘Bounce’. The magnificent MC Chickaboo provides one of her best contributions to the breakbeat scene with her changes in pitch, tenor and hooklines. Bounce is a confirmed dancefloor killer, and will make you shake it wherever you are.
Last edited by hoganirold on Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil_Raygun
Regular
Regular

Post by Neil_Raygun » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:47 am

Thanks Mike.

Everyone must believe me when I say that this album is a grower of massive proportions. After Stabilizer himself I've probably listened to this album more than anyone else on the planet. It just keeps getting better for me....

Eclectic and full of Stabilizer's brilliant production. It's a winner - you have my word...

Neil
http://Dizzyjam.com - helping music people sell their merch!

TESTIMONIALS:
"Yeah, great fit and nice quality".
"Love the T-shirt. Great quality, fast delivery, very pleased".
"Just got my shirts in the mail! They look fantastic!"
"Mine arrived today. Quality looks great".
"Well happy with my tshirt. I'll be ordering more!"
"It's right nice, good quality and the print is better than I'd hoped for"
"nice quality, lovely colour"
Dan Massive
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Post by Dan Massive » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:49 pm

Oh my gosh!...Recieved this today and fuck me! I gotta agree with these guys an absolute grower. Haven't listened to anything else in the shop today and it keeps getting better and better. Loving 'What it Takes' and the way it blends into 'Low Slung'...Essential summer listen y'all! :D
CBW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by CBW » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:31 pm

Low slung is one of my fav' tunes i got, Thats right!