[out now] Alex Virr - Lockdown w/ Mincy remix

The place to discuss the latest in good music - debate, appreciate, reviews, videos, release information and promotional posts

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

alex_virr
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

[out now] Alex Virr - Lockdown w/ Mincy remix

Post by alex_virr » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:50 pm

Buy or stream here: https://ampl.ink/8ZB4B

Firstly just want to say I hope this isn't too triggering for all the UK peeps. I feel for you right now. We went through months of lockdown in Australia, it was not fun.

Lockdown was written in March 2020, before the Covid-19 pandemic had really blown out of control in most of the world, and right before Australia went into their first physical lockdown Taut, glitchy minor keys and rumbling sub bass emerge among a whirlwind acid synth, powered by syncopated tech drums and ferocious rhythms. A maelstrom of energy best consumed in the dark.

On the remix is Sydney bassline don Mincy, who's Extra Spicy compilations have put native Australian producers on the map with diverse sonic palettes and dancefloor focus. Mincy has flipped the script on Lockdown with an uptempo UK-Funky programmed rhythm section, a huge pitch-warped sub and relentless energy.

Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Re: [out now] Alex Virr - Lockdown w/ Mincy remix

Post by Protoplasym » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:44 pm

I imagine having the SD off patterened like that made the Mix breath easier than a typical House tune with the SD on every 2 & 4.