Oldskool meets Nuskool in a big pile of bass

The place to discuss the latest in good music - debate, appreciate, reviews, videos, release information and promotional posts

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

Slim Blue
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Oldskool meets Nuskool in a big pile of bass

Post by Slim Blue » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:14 pm

What do people think of this...

Am I completely bonkers?
Slim Blue Website

New music coming soon on Skanky Panky Records
Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Re: Oldskool meets Nuskool in a big pile of bass

Post by Protoplasym » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:07 pm

Super fresh sounding Nuskool Breaks to me! I'd play these and would have bought them on vinyl back in the day. I'll support in the future.
Slim Blue
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Slim Blue » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:28 am

Thanks @Protoplasm! Big up :D
Slim Blue Website

Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Post by Protoplasym » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:20 pm

You betcha! How long have you been Producing?
Slim Blue
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Slim Blue » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:28 am

Protoplasym wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:20 pm
Potted history...
Started making proper electronic music on my dad's Atari and my cousin's Akai S950 in about 1998. Got my first Mac with Cubase in 2000. First release on Fusetrax in Manchester as Entity in 2003. Bought Ableton in 2006. Started my label Skanky Panky Records in 2010, whilst producing as William Breakspear. Last 5 years has been a bit quiet due to job / family / usual stuff, but I'm back on it now :D
Slim Blue Website

Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Post by Protoplasym » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:03 pm

Slim Blue wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:28 am
Protoplasym wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:20 pm
Potted history...
Started making proper electronic music on my dad's Atari and my cousin's Akai S950 in about 1998. Got my first Mac with Cubase in 2000. First release on Fusetrax in Manchester as Entity in 2003. Bought Ableton in 2006. Started my label Skanky Panky Records in 2010, whilst producing as William Breakspear. Last 5 years has been a bit quiet due to job / family / usual stuff, but I'm back on it now :D
Awesome run down, I appreciate it. It's interesting to see the timeline. I started on a Triton in the late '90s, got Live and Cubase in '04, and haven't done anything with it. I have vinyl with you on it for sure.

I just messaged that guy :facepalm: :D :lol: not knowing it was you... small world (was checking out your Bandcamp page) that bootie you did with Brittney Spears was interesting.

https://williambreakspear.bandcamp.com/ ... 0-remaster

That one ^ is maaaanic sounding as all hell.... I like it but it gives me whiplash at the same time. 8) Super Techy though, so I appreciate it.
Slim Blue
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Slim Blue » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:21 pm

Protoplasym wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:03 pm
I started on a Triton in the late '90s
I got the Korg VST synth collection - The Triton is a BEAST still! Do you still have the hardware?!

Protoplasym wrote:

I just messaged that guy :facepalm: :D :lol: not knowing it was you... small world (was checking out your Bandcamp page) that bootie you did with Brittney Spears was interesting.

That one ^ is maaaanic sounding as all hell.... I like it but it gives me whiplash at the same time. 8) Super Techy though, so I appreciate it.
Ha! Where did you message William Breakspear? Not enough hours in the day to check all the sites & so follow up messages normally take a while... Glad you're into it. There's a new wave of stuff coming sometime soon, but a lot of it is more chilled.
Slim Blue Website

Protoplasym
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Post by Protoplasym » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:49 am

Slim Blue wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:21 pm
Protoplasym wrote:
I started on a Triton in the late '90s
I got the Korg VST synth collection - The Triton is a BEAST still! Do you still have the hardware?!
Protoplasym wrote:

Ha! Where did you message William Breakspear? Not enough hours in the day to check all the sites & so follow up messages normally take a while... Glad you're into it. There's a new wave of stuff coming sometime soon, but a lot of it is more chilled.
Interesting, I didn't know Korg had a VSTi suite type of package, will have to look into that. Yuppers, still have my original Classic along with other variants. If you think the Triton is a BEAST, then wait until you see the Kronos. The Kronos is basically an updated and suuuuuper advanced Z1, with a new and improved Wavestation stuffed in, with an updated Karma 2.0 system stuffed in, same amazing 16 track midi sequencer that Korg is known for + a 16 track audio sequencer built in as well - dedicated 3 band EQ for all 16 midi tracks, waaaay more Insert and Master FX than before, and the Sampling capabilities are hugely improved. It's ridiculous what it does compared to the old Trinity and Triton setups.

I messaged you (William Breakspear - love that moniker btw) on Soundcloud. I suppose when you're popular, that's a nice "problem" to have. ;) Cool beans, I'll check it out when it surfaces.