IT help needed: Online scan tool for spyware, keyloggers, remote control etc. needed

Anything not music related ends up in here - a place for our community to chat and joke. You need a thick skin to survive, and don't let the regulars put you off, they're (nearly) all a nice bunch of people.

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

Post Reply
User avatar
Para Pilotos
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:45 pm
Location: Munich / Germany

IT help needed: Online scan tool for spyware, keyloggers, remote control etc. needed

Post by Para Pilotos » Mon May 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Hi there,

Perhaps one of you IT guys can help me out here. The thing is: my girlfriend thinks, her bosses can read their employees' e-mails (which might be ok from the law's point of view), but it seems they can also "see" their screen via remote control software. And this it the part which we'd like to be sure about by using some online scanning tools (because she can't install software on her work pc). Some website you surf to and click "scan" and it checks your pc for spyware, keyloggers, remote control software etc...

> Can somebody recommend good sites..?

Help is much appreciated!

Alex
User avatar
leme
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 8326
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Post by leme » Mon May 26, 2008 8:37 pm

unforunately if you are unable to execute any programs, then to run a process on a website would (if the network personel are worth their wage) be blocked out as well. I doubt this will be an option.

when you say remotely viewing their computer they may have some software that detects web page content or the amount of flesh shown in a graphical image (it does exist but not common place)

the only other method i am aware of is monitoring web traffic, web logs, or using cctv cameras.


the ability to watch everyones screen would seriously slow down the performance of many office networks so is unlikely I reckon :)
hubie wrote:Thelma & Louise and GI Jane, they had their moments.
Silas_Greenback wrote:Came here for the Merkage, horrified by the ultraviolence
Like OLDSKOOL? use FACEBOOK? Reminisce with us :)Like JUNGLE? use FACEBOOK? Maybe this is for you? :)
Image
User avatar
My Name is Gino
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 10643
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:38 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by My Name is Gino » Mon May 26, 2008 11:07 pm

Why not just assume you are being monitored at work and deal with it? :-)
Gino's April 2013 House Mix ->
User avatar
Para Pilotos
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:45 pm
Location: Munich / Germany

Post by Para Pilotos » Tue May 27, 2008 12:42 pm

dam0 - Magik Bullet wrote:Why not just assume you are being monitored at work and deal with it? :-)
Because it might be illegal at a certain point and my girlfriend's bosses don't seem to be bothered very much about their employees' legal rights. Cheating them wherever they can... And we'd like to put a stop to this. Unfortunately, this being Portugal it's not easy for her or her coworkers to say "I quit" and just pick something else.

:evil:
User avatar
My Name is Gino
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 10643
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:38 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by My Name is Gino » Tue May 27, 2008 1:00 pm

Gino's April 2013 House Mix ->
BLista
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 46065
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:37 am

Post by BLista » Tue May 27, 2008 1:06 pm

The question is.... what have you been up to you naughty boy :tut:
User avatar
Doomo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 12196
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:39 pm
Location: cuntford
Contact:

Re: IT help needed: Online scan tool for spyware, keyloggers, remote control etc. needed

Post by Doomo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Norton is dead IMO. like breaks. so probably not. Try using revolution by BK.
User avatar
Danny
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 5932
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 10:09 am
Location: the Netherlands

Re: IT help needed: Online scan tool for spyware, keyloggers, remote control etc. needed

Post by Danny » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:39 am

Para Pilotos wrote:
Mon May 26, 2008 7:06 pm
Hi there,

Perhaps one of you IT guys can help me out here. The thing is: my girlfriend thinks, her bosses can read their employees' e-mails (which might be ok from the law's point of view), but it seems they can also "see" their screen via remote control software. And this it the part which we'd like to be sure about by using some online scanning tools (because she can't install software on her work pc). Some website you surf to and click "scan" and it checks your pc for spyware, keyloggers, remote control software etc...

> Can somebody recommend good sites..?

Help is much appreciated!

Alex
You're still in a pre-Brexit world, so EU rules apply and they state your employer cannot read your personal email, as that is private.
There's only a view usable remote computer viewers, so I'd suggest checking in task manager to see what process are running (task manager will most likely be enabled). Look for processes belonging to programs like dameware, or teamviewer.
ImageImage
Post Reply