How many people work at Uni/Colleges

Anything not music related ends up in here - a place for our community to chat and joke. You need a thick skin to survive, and don't let the regulars put you off, they're (nearly) all a nice bunch of people.

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

Do you?

I do
55%
I don't
36%
Aigh' drugs
9%

Total votes: 11
SometimesSean
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

How many people work at Uni/Colleges

Post by SometimesSean » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:53 am

There seems to be quite a few, which one are you working at, which school/faculty/department and how busy are you? it's fairly dead in Coventry, I work in the School of Health and Social Sciences as an Classroom/Audio/Visual technical assistant although I do a Technicians job role :roll: The nursies are here all year round but everyone else (i.e all the fit ones) have gone home.
ag4111
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ag4111 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:20 pm

I work at The Church of the Immaculate Conception.

And Aigh' drugs
grum
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by grum » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:21 pm

I work at Lancaster Uni as a Clerical Assistant in the Centre for Training and Development, which runs vocational courses for non-undergraduates etc.

Its pretty damn quiet here - i manage to spend at least %80 of my time on the net

BUT IM LEAVING ON THE 5TH AUGUST - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:BADGER: :D

but, er... got no other job to go to and i've just bought a house, d'oh!

Had to quit this shitty place though - gets me really depressed/stressed out, even though i have no responsibility at all.
allstars
Addicted to NSB
Addicted to NSB

Post by allstars » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:17 pm

I work at the Uni of Greenwich in the Business School. I am a Postgraduate Coordinator and run 9 degrees, hence why its never quiet for me, as either dealing with current students term time or prospective students out of term.

Still have plenty of time to dedicate to NSB and all my other projects!
marymissfairy
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Post by marymissfairy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:40 pm

i work at ukc in kent , tis a lovely place to work , nice atmosphere etc,but i do find meself wit a lot of time on me hands!! :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/marymissfairy
http://www.soundcloud.com/marymissfairy

Next gigs
1st May - Psycircle, London
8th May - Tripycyty, London
15th May - Fracticality
21st May - Tentalicious, Brighton
30th May - Wonkay all dayer, Brighton
4th June - Sunrise Festival
11th June - Sellinge Festival
16th July - Glade Festival
4th Sept - Get ur Mush on, London
11th Sept - Waveform Festival
18th Sept - Alchemy Festival
morphosis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by morphosis » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:56 pm

I've just applied for 'Student Union Entertainments Co-ordinator' at University College Falmouth, my girlfriend is the 'Widening Participation Officer' at the same place.
ol' dirty badja
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ol' dirty badja » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:04 pm

I work in a special school. I finish on thursday for 6 weeks (and I get paid for it).
marymissfairy
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Post by marymissfairy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:35 pm

[quote="Bushby"]I work in a special school. I finish on thursday for 6 weeks (and I get paid for it).[/quote]

Man ur a lucky bastard!!! :)
http://www.myspace.com/marymissfairy
http://www.soundcloud.com/marymissfairy

Next gigs
1st May - Psycircle, London
8th May - Tripycyty, London
15th May - Fracticality
21st May - Tentalicious, Brighton
30th May - Wonkay all dayer, Brighton
4th June - Sunrise Festival
11th June - Sellinge Festival
16th July - Glade Festival
4th Sept - Get ur Mush on, London
11th Sept - Waveform Festival
18th Sept - Alchemy Festival
SometimesSean
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by SometimesSean » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:54 pm

Today I watched bit's and bobs of a video about how we are made, starting from the creation of the egg and sperm up untill being born, I tell thee now I never in my life thought I'd see a baby being born from inside a woman, it all looks a bit messy imo :lol:

For the rest of the summer I'm gonna learn me Adobe Audition 1.5 as I have just got my hands on it for the Avid suite 8) I suppose the breaks in summer are what you make of it, worth taking advantage of if you have intersting stuff to do, I've just got to make sure I stay in that mind set cus it's really easy to become unmotivated.
foxington
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxington » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:04 am

i work here www.ccm.ac.uk doing general office monkey stuff, pay is rubbish but i don't do a great deal so it's not too bad really. plus they have plush studios i can use whenever they're empty :)
allstars
Addicted to NSB
Addicted to NSB

Post by allstars » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:54 am

Today I am on half day as mates are graduating!

Not done any work yet (for the half a day I should be at my desk!) as have been to the ceremony and shortly off to the pub!
SometimesSean
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by SometimesSean » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:04 pm

I tried some experimenting in Audition earlier, flicking through the manual I found a filter called 'Central Channel Extraction' which apparently helps you lift out vocals, so I ripped off Middle Eastern Holiday by Hard-Fi onto the hard-drive and applied the filter to no avail. Could it possibly be that there is too much centralising going on in the track or is this tool not as effective as it sounds?
Tomo
Regular
Regular

Post by Tomo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:55 pm

I'm doing my masters in Analytical, officially I'm studdying, but the reality of it is that I work in a research group for the university, I'm get paid for it so I guess its work. Is going ok at the moment as it looks like I'm gonna be a co-author on my first accademic paper! :D

But there aren't many fit girls about at the moment, not that I would be looking cos my girlfriend is staying with me at the moment! But aslong as the sun is shining even the rough ones look alright! :lol:
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson of Nintendo, Inc. in 1989