Drivel

Anything not music related ends up in here - a place for our community to chat and joke. You need a thick skin to survive, and don't let the regulars put you off, they're (nearly) all a nice bunch of people.

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Drivel

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:29 am

I'm waiting for the first brew of the day and Chris (one of the developers on my floor) has informed me he's only just had his breakfast. Haha he can't believe it. Crazy.
alex_virr wrote:I've probably read more science fiction that you have books of any kind in your entire life.

I've read enough already for 2 lifetimes.
~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Drivel

Post by ~Lander~ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:35 am

I made a cup of tea and realised the soya milk was off. I had to make a fresh cup of tea after that. Lucky I realised in time really.
https://soundcloud.com/leftwingrecordin ... eftwing011 I have somehow done a track that has been released. I know, I don't know how either.
LTJ_Nukem wrote:i'm only here for the signatures
Dan Badbro_ wrote:Totes deffo
LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:56 am

You just avoided a repeat of 9/11.

I'll never forget that cold November morning wehn I blindly drank milk that resembled cottage cheese.
alex_virr wrote:I've probably read more science fiction that you have books of any kind in your entire life.

LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:43 am

2nd brew of the day :woo:

~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:49 am

I will never forget last May when I had off soya milk. I was ill for days and days. Funny thing is, I never got ill from regular milk.

I am on the water now, only one cup of tea per day.
https://soundcloud.com/leftwingrecordin ... eftwing011 I have somehow done a track that has been released. I know, I don't know how either.
LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:58 am

~Lander~ wrote:only one cup of tea per day.
Your licence to live in Yorkshire has just been revoked.

~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:07 am

One cup of tea (normal tea in the AM) water until the PM and then a herbal tea or 2 in the afternoon and then back on the water.
It is working for me. I will allow myself a cup of tea if I am climbing after work before I go climbing to wake me up a bit. Seems to do the trick after a busy day at work.
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Bigby » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:32 am

It is sports day at the primary school opposite my flat - they played Mambo number 5.
tetchsteppa aka darktech is the real tetchsteppa wrote:
are you mad ?
Erectivebosh_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Erectivebosh_ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:48 am

I'm drinking Massala tea.

It's great..... Well only if you like Massala tea obvs. If not you should probably drink milk or lemonade, or coffee, or water, or beer, or tonic. There are more options too but I can't list them all, that'd just be crazy and you know I'm a bit mad me already, oh how we all laugh when somebody new in the office proclaims that.

Anyway I digress, I must go and talk to my colleague who has a new technique for getting your teabags out of the mug using... and get this.... a fork, bonkers.
LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:53 am

Top quality drivel folks :app:

Although some very questionable tea practices. Your cards have been marked.

And fucking Radbro Number 5 is now stuck in my head :bang:

~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Errorbush_ wrote:I'm drinking Massala tea.

It's great..... Well only if you like Massala tea obvs. If not you should probably drink milk or lemonade, or coffee, or water, or beer, or tonic. There are more options too but I can't list them all, that'd just be crazy and you know I'm a bit mad me already, oh how we all laugh when somebody new in the office proclaims that.

Anyway I digress, I must go and talk to my colleague who has a new technique for getting your teabags out of the mug using... and get this.... a fork, bonkers.
Forking hell.
LTJ_Nukem wrote:Top quality drivel folks :app:

Although some very questionable tea practices. Your cards have been marked.

It is out of necessity rather than want. HTH.

I have almost finished my first peppermint tea (72p from Tesco's for 40 teabags, excellent value)
Also, I got the good mug this morning and I am not letting it go now. It is much bigger than the standard mugs we have here so I am going to keep it.

And fucking Radbro Number 5 is now stuck in my head :bang:
TT_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by TT_ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:30 pm

some promising drivel here

somehow i feel we can do better

for example i have attached a medium sized piece of blu tac to the steering wheel of my car

i find it a most pleasing addition to my automotive experience to be able to squish and squash it at will

however if you leave the car in the sun the blu tac is in danger of reducing itself to a hot sticky bubbling mess

avoid this sun melted blu tac hell at all costs people

you have been warned
Doomo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Doomo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Whilst on the tea subject. There is a plate in the office kitchen for people to put their used tea bags. Above it is a sign that says "Abused teabags here. I will collect weekly, probably fridays". Sure enough every week I take them home, put them in my compost bin, piss on them, and then mix them in. Ive been collecting teabags since about October last year (reducing office waste and bettering my compost by adding a good dose of carbon to the rest which is predominantly grass). Last autumn I also collected up quite a few bin bags full of dead leaves at the end of autumn. This is to mix them with the grass cuttings from this season (a 50/50 mix is about perfect to ensure good quality composting, sometimes being ready in just a few months during warmer weather).
TT_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by TT_ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:25 pm

doomo gets his drivel on fo shizzle
~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:28 pm

2nd cup of peppermint tea of the day.
LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:34 pm

:lol: Doomo hath raised the bar beyond what I thought possible.

I went for cheese salad for lunch, but it's never quite enough so I went to Greggs to top up on a pasty. I decided to double down on lactose and get cheese & onion. It was alright.

3rd brew of the day :guns:

~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:47 pm

You must be wired now NKM?
Watoo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Watoo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:54 pm

~Lander~ wrote:One cup of tea (normal tea in the AM) water until the PM and then a herbal tea or 2 in the afternoon and then back on the water.
It is working for me.
This is exactly my pattern. 2 is too much - increasingly I just stick with water in the PM to avoid bothersome late night trips to the loo.
LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:59 pm

~Lander~ wrote:You must be wired now NKM?
I'm just about awake. I only drink tea at work though, barely ever at home.

~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Watoo wrote:
~Lander~ wrote:One cup of tea (normal tea in the AM) water until the PM and then a herbal tea or 2 in the afternoon and then back on the water.
It is working for me.
This is exactly my pattern. 2 is too much - increasingly I just stick with water in the PM to avoid bothersome late night trips to the loo.
Yes yes tea bro. I try and drink 2-3 l of water a day, more if I am climbing. I find being well hydrated really helps with sports and what have you etc...