Psychological Discussion Thread

Anything not music related ends up in here - a place for our community to chat and joke. You need a thick skin to survive, and don't let the regulars put you off, they're (nearly) all a nice bunch of people.

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

alex_virr
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Suicide

Post by alex_virr » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:23 am

emskina flange wrote:It would have been my mums birthday today. She ended her life about 9 years ago. She suffered with extreme depression after dealing with non-hodgkins lymphoma (cancer of the lymph glands) She attempted taking her life many times, turned into a different person, so small and sad and it was like the world she lived in was different to ours. She was in and out of hospitals, on different pills, nothing anyone did seemed to help. It wasn't a selfish act, it was because she was so tormented by a pain inside her life became unbearable, she could only see the worry and anguish she was causing her family. She was an amazing mum before she was ill, a nurse, sweet and kind, the person she was before was so far from selfish.

I don't know if we could have done anything to prevent it, maybe, maybe she would have always done it eventually. Maybe she would have got better.

Today I celebrated her birthday for her.

To anyone that is suffering, please talk to someone, please give tomorrow a chance to make things better, there will be people who love you and need you who want to help you, let them try.
hugz x
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Tony SlackShot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Tony SlackShot » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Bigby wrote:
innocent bystander wrote:Not the place. IMHO. If you've been considering it thn I advise seeking help. Professional help.
I have been. Their failures have been many and unforgivable. You managed to achieve more today than my Doctor in the last 6 weeks. This is my only place and has been for years. I have no friends, no family (well, my Dad is at the end of a phone).

You're right though. I need to leave this place again. It is part of my problem now.

But thank you for managing to do what you did. I wish I had a local friend as perceptive (and deeply good) as you.

Maybe one day I can be comfortable being perceived as a cunt. (sorry) x
This is incorrect Brian. Soooooo untrue. You have friends that want to help you. Many of them. The hardest part can be simply accepting that help.
ag4111
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ag4111 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Blista and slack granny in one thread :shock: this thread is winning once again
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by shaman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Not for me. I've labelled anyone with depression or who kills themselves as selfish. So I'm feeling proper shite.
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by shaman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Also, Bigby. It's easy to tell yourself you have no friends, but realistically you do.

You just need to try and see them a little more often to remind yourself.
matthew xly
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by matthew xly » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:15 pm

Tony SlackShot wrote:
Bigby wrote:
innocent bystander wrote:Not the place. IMHO. If you've been considering it thn I advise seeking help. Professional help.
I have been. Their failures have been many and unforgivable. You managed to achieve more today than my Doctor in the last 6 weeks. This is my only place and has been for years. I have no friends, no family (well, my Dad is at the end of a phone).

You're right though. I need to leave this place again. It is part of my problem now.

But thank you for managing to do what you did. I wish I had a local friend as perceptive (and deeply good) as you.

This is incorrect Brian. Soooooo untrue. You have friends that want to help you. Many of them. The hardest part can be simply accepting that help.
Just came on the forum out of the blue to post random shiz and ended up reading all this.

I would like to point out that whenever I went to an NSB do of any sort one of the highest points would be getting the best hug in the world, Biggers.
TT_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by TT_ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:19 pm

shaman wrote:Not for me. I've labelled anyone with depression or who kills themselves as selfish. So I'm feeling proper shite.
lets be honest

we all post stuff and then think we shouldnt have

i dont think anyone wants you to feel bad shamong
psychicbreaks
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Suicide

Post by psychicbreaks » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Darkside Beeaks Forum
matthew xly
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by matthew xly » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:23 pm

matthew xly wrote:
Tony SlackShot wrote:
Bigby wrote:

Just came on the forum out of the blue to post random shiz and ended up reading all this.

I would like to point out that whenever I went to an NSB do of any sort one of the highest points would be getting the best hug in the world, Biggers.
And furthermore, I miss you.
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by shaman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:49 pm

tamprecision_ wrote:
shaman wrote:Not for me. I've labelled anyone with depression or who kills themselves as selfish. So I'm feeling proper shite.
lets be honest

we all post stuff and then think we shouldnt have

i dont think anyone wants you to feel bad shamong
I know really but I don't want anyone else to feel shit.
_fries
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by _fries » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:18 pm

i don't think anyone feels shit on part of anything you said!
emskina flange wrote: free the number 1 a cut above some of these other bozos
matthew xly
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by matthew xly » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:32 pm

_fries wrote:i don't think anyone feels shit on part of anything you said!
James, I have always considered you a voice of reason and a man of considered thought.

Unfortunately the reality of this subject is far from considered or reasonable. I am always impressed by the high morality of your words. Don't think that what you said is devoid of morality, because it isn't. Always thinking of the masses, that's you.

On a total side note, would you do the photos for my wedding next year June(ish)?
shaman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by shaman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:45 pm

matthew xly wrote:
James, I have always considered you a voice of reason and a man of considered thought.

Unfortunately the reality of this subject is far from considered or reasonable. I am always impressed by the high morality of your words. Don't think that what you said is devoid of morality, because it isn't. Always thinking of the masses, that's you.

On a total side note, would you do the photos for my wedding next year June(ish)?
Cheers. And I'd love to take some pictures for you. :)
Purplehazer
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Purplehazer » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:59 pm

shaman wrote:
matthew xly wrote:

Cheers. And I'd love to take some pictures for you. :)

James comes with wedding picture recommendations from us!
ag4111
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ag4111 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:05 pm

I vote James
~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:09 pm

James for President :sun:
https://soundcloud.com/leftwingrecordin ... eftwing011 I have somehow done a track that has been released. I know, I don't know how either.
LTJ_Nukem wrote:i'm only here for the signatures
Dan Badbro_ wrote:Totes deffo
emskina flange
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by emskina flange » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:00 pm

For the record, James didn't make me feel bad either!

James I don't have a wedding for you to take pictures of, but hoping you can come and take some of my new wallpaper at the weekend? ;-) :lurve:
_fries
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by _fries » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:17 pm

maybe while i am in town i can gets photos in front of a graffiti covered saarf london wall. in sunglasses and .... wait . for...it... 3/4 length pants.
emskina flange wrote: free the number 1 a cut above some of these other bozos
LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:22 pm

Staring into the distance, humming a kick drum...
alex_virr wrote:I've probably read more science fiction that you have books of any kind in your entire life.

I've read enough already for 2 lifetimes.
emskina flange
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by emskina flange » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:24 pm

get pictures in front of my wallpaper for a more sophisticated vibe