Psychological Discussion Thread

Anything not music related ends up in here - a place for our community to chat and joke. You need a thick skin to survive, and don't let the regulars put you off, they're (nearly) all a nice bunch of people.

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

TT_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Psychological Discussion Thread

Post by TT_ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:14 am

fayelord wrote:
tamprecision_ wrote:tamprecision likes this
:lol: you wazzock
tamprecision's penguin also likes this
moderate
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Psychological Discussion Thread

Post by moderate » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:32 am

fayelord wrote:Doug... is that Honey... it doesn't look like Honey... I found a lost dog today and then lost it ..I feel so sad .. I followed it enticing it with Gary's bum which it was very in to but it got scared when I went to grab its collar and ran away and nobody gave a fuck to stop it.. I hope someone eventually stopped it...
Sorry, been absent. Is what Honey?
Enough of this bullshit!
TT_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by TT_ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:25 am

i think she's asking if you have confused your beard with your dog doug

but i'm not sure
~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:21 am

innocent bystander wrote:
~Lander~ wrote:
Bin Jesus wrote:
~Lander~ wrote:...compounded by my own stupid actions as a 19 year old who didn't have a clue.
This. Don't even get me started... :facepalm:
*mumbles something about it being a learning experience etc...*
fuck it. it's WAY better to get it out the way when you're young, and not be one of those middle aged folk who turn into teenagers and, therefore, twats. usually found yoghurt weaving in the healing areas of festivals with glasto spring water and a nice little nest egg from the shares in the marketing department of BAE weapons systems.

better to stay an eternal teenager imho.

anyway, as far down the rabbit hole you went, i'm not sure you were sat in a crack squat with a scouser telling you he's got aids and will 'spit in yer works' unless you share some of your ten bag with him. (not my story, just there for balance).

anyway, we could have preferred binge drinking and sex on the bins, early parenthood and jeremy kyle as a life goal. we could have scaled the dizzy heights of commerce and be jizzing our acidic coke spazz from the corner office windows of mammon. we could have been a contender.

if i hadn't been run over my life would have been very different. i'd definitely be more of a twat. was/is it shit? yes. has it taught me anything? yes. lots.

every life has turns and twists and if you think you have any real control over anything bar how we react to it, then you'll go mad or deluded.
I know it is better to get it out of the way when you are young but it does effect you at a time of life where you should be more together and it is easy to feel like you are not as a result of those actions.
It would have been disastrous if it was something that happened now as I have more miles responsibility and therefore would have had more to lose.

I don't look back and feel I learned from it, the only thing I do is occasionally look back and think thank fuck that is over.

It was never a notion that I had control over anything, even how I reacted. IDK, just glad that shit is over with.
https://soundcloud.com/leftwingrecordin ... eftwing011 I have somehow done a track that has been released. I know, I don't know how either.
LTJ_Nukem wrote:i'm only here for the signatures
Dan Badbro_ wrote:Totes deffo
innocent bystander
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by innocent bystander » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:42 am

~Lander~ wrote:
I know it is better to get it out of the way when you are young but it does effect you at a time of life where you should be more together and it is easy to feel like you are not as a result of those actions.
It would have been disastrous if it was something that happened now as I have more miles responsibility and therefore would have had more to lose.
mate, i think you're massively missing my point. whatever you did or didn't do, the universe would have thrown something else at you. maybe you'd have fell out with people over something they did, maybe you'd not have met other people who are great. Unless you are properly fucked up living hand to mouth with no contact with family because of your habit, then you've not fucked up that badly.

one is ALWAYS going to be the result of what you've done and experienced. There are people with life plans and goals and achievements and powerpointed itineraries of how they're getting there. Is that together? Then there are the rest of us muddling along trying not to fuck it up. That's nearly all of us.

Right. I turned 40 last year. I have some friends that now have great kids, young teens and younger. I don't. That's just how it goes. Some of my college/uni piers are creative directors of top creative agencies, drive company Mercs and own their 4 bed homes and have 3 foreign holidays a year. They seem pretty together. I drive a van, I'm scratching a living trying to make my own way, making music probably no-one will really hear. I'm probably as happy as them. In different ways for different reasons.

It doesn't matter that I got waylaid by circumstance. It's what happened.
~Lander~ wrote:I don't look back and feel I learned from it, the only thing I do is occasionally look back and think thank fuck that is over.
well, sorry to be blunt, but then that's your problem! :lol: If you really haven't learnt from it then you're pretty dense (I don't think you are). If you simply think you didn't learn from it then you're probably wrong. Are you doing the same thing now? If not, then you learnt from it.
~Lander~ wrote:It was never a notion that I had control over anything, even how I reacted. IDK, just glad that shit is over with.
That post wasn't just at you. more a comment on feeling sorry for past indiscretions or mistakes is useless, and pointless and leads to navel gazing woe.
~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:47 am

innocent bystander wrote:
~Lander~ wrote:
~Lander~ wrote:I don't look back and feel I learned from it, the only thing I do is occasionally look back and think thank fuck that is over.
well, sorry to be blunt, but then that's your problem! :lol: If you really haven't learnt from it then you're pretty dense (I don't think you are). If you simply think you didn't learn from it then you're probably wrong. Are you doing the same thing now? If not, then you learnt from it.
It is difficult to feel any sense of pride or achievement for not being in that ridiculous situation :lol:
I don't know. I am over it, I never really talk about it so am used to trying to speak about it in any coherent fashion :facepalm: :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/leftwingrecordin ... eftwing011 I have somehow done a track that has been released. I know, I don't know how either.
Dan Badbro_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Dan Badbro_ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:55 am

I drive a company Merc :woo:

Have I won? It doesn't feel like winning.

Oh no, not me
I never lost control.
~Lander~ wrote:I don't want too many sparkles in this
LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:10 am

innocent bystander wrote: better to stay an eternal teenager imho.
Yep. Infinitely better.
alex_virr wrote:I've probably read more science fiction that you have books of any kind in your entire life.

I've read enough already for 2 lifetimes.
~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:23 am

Teenage years were awful IMO :lol:

Much happier with life now :bo:
Dan Badbro_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Dan Badbro_ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:39 am

Teenage years were amazing.
20's were amazing
30's were awful and amazing
40's are a bit less so in every aspect.
moderate
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by moderate » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:20 pm

My life has always been a mixture of awful and amazing. The main lesson I have learned is not to dwell on the awful as much as I used to and to stop feeling like victim.
Enough of this bullshit!
ag4111
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ag4111 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:29 pm

My life is amazing and you're all cunts.
LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:29 pm

Shit happens. Get over it. Jus sayin etc.
alex_virr wrote:I've probably read more science fiction that you have books of any kind in your entire life.

~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:38 pm

NKM are you ok? You are seeming a bit *something* of late :?:
innocent bystander
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by innocent bystander » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:38 pm

ag4111 wrote:My life is amazing and you're all cunts.
That's because you're jizzing out a corner office ;)
LTJ_Nukem
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by LTJ_Nukem » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:53 pm

~Lander~ wrote:NKM are you ok? You are seeming a bit *something* of late :?:
More cynical? :lol:

I've begun to truly despise my job, so that's probably had an effect.

Dan Badbro_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Dan Badbro_ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:56 pm

ag4111 wrote:My life is amazing and you're all cunts.
I wanna be like you, except more straight.
~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Yes, I think that is the word I am looking for. This is only going by your written format BTW and is no reflection of IRL.
TT_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by TT_ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:08 pm

radbro is clearly teh winrar
bobby hill
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by bobby hill » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Who said it: Jon Snow or Hunter S Thompson? Take the Guardianista quiz
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... s-thompson
Channel 4 News presenter Jon Snow got stoned on skunk for a forthcoming TV investigation, and described the experience as more terrifying than working in a war zone. See if you can tell the difference between his account of it and lines from Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas