What computer games are you playing?

Anything not music related ends up in here - a place for our community to chat and joke. You need a thick skin to survive, and don't let the regulars put you off, they're (nearly) all a nice bunch of people.

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

Fandango Baglips
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: What computer games are you playing?

Post by Fandango Baglips » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:13 pm

~Lander~ wrote:
Fandango Baglips wrote:Got back into Football Manager 2012. When I re-installed it, I thought I was only going to have a fuck about for a few days so just cracked on with Man Utd. Now i'm in my third season and just bought Eden Hazard and a host of young potential teenage stars. I put myself into the game with the editor as a 15 year old wonderkid in Australia at Blacktown F.C. and Tottenham are now trying to buy him :x I wanted to see how long it would be before he would go. They will only buy him for £30k though so I will just rape his stats when they buy him.

I am slowly weening myself off it though and hoping that a few days will go by and I can load it up and have no interest in the game and just uninstall it. As it goes, I can lose hours on there atthe minute :(

This morning I woke up with this ear-worm and it made me want to finish FFVII again
That is my favourite game ever ever ever ever :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Probably mine too. I have finished it shitloads of times. About once every couple of years. Only last time I did it around Christmas 2010 did I manage to bdefeat Ruby and Emerald Weapon :fool:
~Lander~
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ~Lander~ » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Fandango Baglips wrote:
~Lander~ wrote:
Fandango Baglips wrote:Got back into Football Manager 2012. When I re-installed it, I thought I was only going to have a fuck about for a few days so just cracked on with Man Utd. Now i'm in my third season and just bought Eden Hazard and a host of young potential teenage stars. I put myself into the game with the editor as a 15 year old wonderkid in Australia at Blacktown F.C. and Tottenham are now trying to buy him :x I wanted to see how long it would be before he would go. They will only buy him for £30k though so I will just rape his stats when they buy him.

I am slowly weening myself off it though and hoping that a few days will go by and I can load it up and have no interest in the game and just uninstall it. As it goes, I can lose hours on there atthe minute :(

This morning I woke up with this ear-worm and it made me want to finish FFVII again
That is my favourite game ever ever ever ever :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Probably mine too. I have finished it shitloads of times. About once every couple of years. Only last time I did it around Christmas 2010 did I manage to bdefeat Ruby and Emerald Weapon :fool:
Bloody hell! Who did you use to do that? I don't mean Football manager! :)
https://soundcloud.com/leftwingrecordin ... eftwing011 I have somehow done a track that has been released. I know, I don't know how either.
LTJ_Nukem wrote:i'm only here for the signatures
Dan Badbro_ wrote:Totes deffo
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Bigby » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:16 pm

I've got back into video games recently.

Currently working my way through 'Mass Effect 3' - so much better than the retarded Skyrim.

Shits and giggles on 'Saints Row The Third' - some fucked up game mechanics, but still massively fun.

And 'Megadrive collection' for old skool fun.

8)
tetchsteppa aka darktech is the real tetchsteppa wrote:
are you mad ?
Erectivebosh_
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Erectivebosh_ » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Biggles wrote:I've got back into video games recently.

Currently working my way through 'Mass Effect 3' - so much better than the retarded Skyrim.

Shits and giggles on 'Saints Row The Third' - some fucked up game mechanics, but still massively fun.

And 'Megadrive collection' for old skool fun.

8)
I think Skyrim is good but not great. The previous game Oblivion was far better.

I need to pick up Mass Effect 3.... The last two were winrar.
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Bigby » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:17 pm

cartman wrote:Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii. I am 140 hours into it and still going :/

I really enjoyed parts of that, but was really confused by the combat system. Just couldn't get my head round it at all. Tempted to go back to it, any tips on the combat? :)
are you mad ?
Fandango Baglips
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Fandango Baglips » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 pm

To beat Ruby weapon you need to only have one team member alive. If you go in with all three then he puts his hands in the sand and you cannot hurt him. I went in straight away with Cloud on Lucky 7s so he just goes beserk and smashes the fuck out him hitting for 7777 each time. Also, you have your counter matera maxed out so he goes in and hammers Ruby each time he is attacked. Then using w-item using dazers to slow the fucker down and lots of hero drinks raising your stats. You have to fall lucky with this but you revive your team mates and then use knights of the round w-summon and have your team mates mimic this so he gets blasted by 6 lots of the fucker. Doesn't take too long.

Took a few attempts but finally got there. I did a similar thing with Emerald weapon but didn't have to have the dead team mates at the start.
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Bigby » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Erebus Productions wrote: I think Skyrim is good but not great. The previous game Oblivion was far better.

I need to pick up Mass Effect 3.... The last two were winrar.
It was a good game - but it was also genuinely retarded. And I use that word in its literal context. I just couldn't suspend my cynicism, let alone my disbelief. Eventually gave up when I reached a point that could not be moved beyond in the story. I had put 200 fucking hours in and Bethesda said it was a bug and I would have to start again. I will never play another Bethesda game again. Retards.

I really didn't get on with Mass Effect 1 - such a great step up for 2 though, epic game. This one isn't quite as big a step up, except maybe graphically, stunning looking game.

8)
are you mad ?
Jim_Random
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Jim_Random » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm really slow at buying new games as i hate paying full price for them.

Currently just about to finish God of War 3; it's pretty good for that sort of game but gets a bit samey.

I was planning on getting Skyrim next but am worried I'll end up spending too much time on it.

Guess i shoudl get a new football game soon too. Was always a Pro Evo man but Fifa took the lead in 2010. Which one is worth getting this time round?

Also, does anyone know when they'll be making a new GTA? That game was the nuts!!
RAWR RHYTHMS - 2nd & 4th Sunday from 5-7pm GMT - Click banner for more info...
Jim's Thre3Style Comp Mix

Latest Show - http://www.mixcloud.com/RawrRhythms/

CHECK OUT SOME JIM RANDOM MIXES HERE ---> http://www.mixcloud.com/tag/jim-random/
Fandango Baglips
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Fandango Baglips » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Yeah but GTA V won't be out this year. It's set in San Andreas again I think
innocent bystander
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by innocent bystander » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:59 pm

excel. it's graphically pretty poor but the puzzle element is fucking immense. been trying to get it to do FUCKING ANYTHING half the morning.
ag4111
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by ag4111 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Would you like me to email you some excel games like sonic the hedgehog?
Fandango Baglips
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Fandango Baglips » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm

I know the cheats for Excel. You press alt+f4 and go for a bit of lunch.
Fandango Baglips
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Fandango Baglips » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:03 pm

ag4111 wrote:Would you like me to email you some excel games like sonic the hedgehog?

Feels weird pressing jump with my left hand and movement with my right hand. It should be the other way around :nerv:
hubie
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by hubie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Downloaded Harley Quinn's Revenge for Arkham City the other day. It's quite fun, but I get the impression it won't last very long.

I tend to dip in and out of FIFA 12 too. In my current season RVP asked to leave (amazingly) so I replaced him with Benzema. And Hazard 8)

I'm quite keen to find a tennis game for the Wii, any recommendations?
Fandango Baglips
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Fandango Baglips » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Not tennis but I had the Rockstar Table Tennis game and that was pretty good and quite accurate.
acompletemoron
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Post by acompletemoron » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Biggles wrote:
cartman wrote:Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii. I am 140 hours into it and still going :/

I really enjoyed parts of that, but was really confused by the combat system. Just couldn't get my head round it at all. Tempted to go back to it, any tips on the combat? :)
I mainly play with Shulk or Melia as lead (dependent on whether the enemy is ether resistant or not). Second in the party is either Reyn or Rikki to act as a physical or ether tank respectively and then Sharla to act as healer. Use any auto attack gems on Sharla to increase what she does on her own and be careful when entering melee combat to not have a third party attacking her. Best thing to do is just attack constantly with Shulk from the side letting any monster's main attack go onto your tank who will be continually healed by Sharla. Whilst they are busy attacking your tank you can use Shulk's ability to lose half his life to get his skill bar up (allowing you to use the Monado quicker) - he can then heal himself as all damage is pointed at the tank. This is not so successful with multiple enemies but to be fair most multiple enemies require Melia (named after melee for this reason I guess). Be careful which abilities and arts you set to each character - only take in the ones you want when controlling the character - as default some are set to be able to do no bloody damage unless you edit them. Other than that level up lots - use any EXP up gems you have on your lead character to jump their level above the others. Some people tend to rely on the Monado shield but I tend to use it for attacking as much as possible.
acompletemoron
Poster-lite
Poster-lite

Post by acompletemoron » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:30 pm

cartman wrote:
Biggles wrote:

I mainly play with Shulk or Melia as lead (dependent on whether the enemy is ether resistant or not). Second in the party is either Reyn or Rikki to act as a physical or ether tank respectively and then Sharla to act as healer. Use any auto attack gems on Sharla to increase what she does on her own and be careful when entering melee combat to not have a third party attacking her. Best thing to do is just attack constantly with Shulk from the side letting any monster's main attack go onto your tank who will be continually healed by Sharla. Whilst they are busy attacking your tank you can use Shulk's ability to lose half his life to get his skill bar up (allowing you to use the Monado quicker) - he can then heal himself as all damage is pointed at the tank. This is not so successful with multiple enemies but to be fair most multiple enemies require Melia (named after melee for this reason I guess). Be careful which abilities and arts you set to each character - only take in the ones you want when controlling the character - as default some are set to be able to do no bloody damage unless you edit them. Other than that level up lots - use any EXP up gems you have on your lead character to jump their level above the others. Some people tend to rely on the Monado shield but I tend to use it for attacking as much as possible.
Oh and another good trick is to Agility Up your tank to the point that all attacks on them "Miss" - Usually an agility of 150 upwards will achieve this.
Bigby
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Bigby » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:32 pm

cartman wrote:
Biggles wrote:

Wow. So it is that involved. Really appreciate your reply mate - I'm not sure I am up to the challenge. Proper Jedi tactics - respect! 8)
are you mad ?
My Name is Gino
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by My Name is Gino » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:35 pm

hubie wrote:Downloaded Harley Quinn's Revenge for Arkham City the other day. It's quite fun, but I get the impression it won't last very long.

I tend to dip in and out of FIFA 12 too. In my current season RVP asked to leave (amazingly) so I replaced him with Benzema. And Hazard 8)

I'm quite keen to find a tennis game for the Wii, any recommendations?
Console for pedos imo.
Gino's April 2013 House Mix ->
NapSak
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by NapSak » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Defender on the Puss2