If you have any chatroom problems, please post them here, but please...
TRY THESE THINGS BEFORE POSTING!
WINDOWS / I.E USERS
- Press CTRL+F5 to refresh the chat page.
- When a window pops up asking "Do you want to Install a Program from JPilot IRC" say YES
, this will install the code to run the chatroom. If you are worried about security, dont be, its very safe, a certificate is included.
- Update to the newest copy of Java
- click here
. This will automatically install the new version of Java on your machine.
- If the new version of Java does not work, check Internet Explorer for plug in options
. Click on Tools, go to Internet Options, then click on Advanced. Check for these options:
1. Install on Demand (Internet Explorer): Check box
2. Install on Demand (Other): Check Box
3. Java Script: Scroll down a bit and look for Microsoft VM, then click the box for JIT. (That's what I have, and it works).
- If this still doesnt work, drastic action is required :
4. For Windows XP/IE users : Find your control panel, go to Add or Remove Programs. Go to the tab called "Set Program Access and Defaults
". Select "Choose a different Virtual Machine for Java
" and under Custom, select the proper virtual machine. It may involve a reboot. You should also have "Enable access to this program" selected. (You will need to have administrative access to the machine to do all this)
Otherwise, go to the Java support site because if you can't see the applet, other java applets will likely not work for you either. If you are using Netscape or Opera, I can't quite help you yet as don't have those browsers on my computer.
5. If you have a Firewall
, this may be blocking the ports that are neccessary. Try lowering the protection of the Firewall or disabling it temporarily and see if this solves the problem.
Other than that, If THAT ALL fails, you can always get a dedicated IRC program - two popular ones are Orion(FREE) and mIRC
IRC Program Links
Click on these once you have an IRC Program Installed...
- Server 2
or enter them manually :
Server Details : irc.wikkedwire.com or irc.wikked.us Port : 6667 Channel : #nsb_radio
Download the chatzilla
plugin and then follow the IRC Links above.
Sometimes the JAVA client doesnt work too well - so get a dedicated irc client like snak http://www.snak.com