[tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

Studio hardware and software, seek advice, post tracks, share advice, from studio pro´s and beginners...

Moderators: Plexus, jimmy brayks, NSB Mods

Post Reply
Message
Author

User avatar
Lightshapers
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 6288
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 am
Location: ooga chaka ooga chaka ooga ooga ooga chaka

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#2 Post by Lightshapers » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:02 pm

theres not much about it that id call memorable :|

User avatar
Doomo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 12173
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:39 pm
Location: cuntford
Contact:

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#3 Post by Doomo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Deep house with a pretty lush vocal. Its actually quite good 8)

Link to track on SoundCloud

User avatar
ag4111
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 108358
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:11 am
Location: 20%
Contact:

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#4 Post by ag4111 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Truly awful
Image
Bin Jesus wrote:Clod has been meeting for illicit blindfold sessions in a dark room with a hot white women he met online.

Jeremy Kyle reveals that clod has in fact been banging not only a dude, but a his own estranged half chinese son from a former interracial marriage that ended so badly it left him bitter and incredibly racist.
Image

User avatar
Lightshapers
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 6288
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 am
Location: ooga chaka ooga chaka ooga ooga ooga chaka

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#5 Post by Lightshapers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:41 pm

:lol: shitter than faithless

User avatar
Protoplasym
Regular Reader
Regular Reader
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 am

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#6 Post by Protoplasym » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Lightshapers wrote:How'd you get the Bass to move around like that? It sounds wicked.
Creative use of LFO. I know.

User avatar
Doomo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 12173
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:39 pm
Location: cuntford
Contact:

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#7 Post by Doomo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:39 am


Link to track on SoundCloud
Protoplasym wrote:That mix is wicked mate. thanks for sharing
No probs :)
Deep house with a pretty lush vocal. Its actually quite good 8)

Link to track on SoundCloud

User avatar
Protoplasym
Regular Reader
Regular Reader
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 am

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#8 Post by Protoplasym » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Doomo wrote:
Link to track on SoundCloud
Protoplasym wrote:You really want me to check that Mix out eh...
No probs :)
Giving feedback to your Mix in my own, amazing tune thread... :o :ugeek: :o

Deep House has never been my cup of tea. ;)

User avatar
Doomo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 12173
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:39 pm
Location: cuntford
Contact:

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#9 Post by Doomo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 am

I'm learning from the best 8)

Edit: Its not all deep house btw ;)
Deep house with a pretty lush vocal. Its actually quite good 8)

Link to track on SoundCloud

User avatar
Protoplasym
Regular Reader
Regular Reader
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 am

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#10 Post by Protoplasym » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Doomo wrote:I'm learning from the best 8)

Edit: Its not all deep house btw ;)
I've always respected Tune Threads, you know that.

I scanned through it and only heard House... wonder if I missed something special in there. :(

*edit* - Ok, at 30 minutes, that is a funky jam right there, I like that one. The constant snare triplet work is slick and the vocals are beyond jiving... can't go wrong with the constant porn guitar wah lick as well. :pimp: @ 32ish, wow that Lead is funky as can be. I listened to the Mix-Out of that one, nice... going into that big SD with the hat layer on it, worked well. So pardon moi, 99% House, 1 Breakbeat tune. :tongue:


Now go study my "Headbang" sketch and learn something about Nuskool Breakbeat.
8)

User avatar
alex_virr
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 25178
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:13 pm
Location: technaux
Contact:

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#11 Post by alex_virr » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:41 am

Hey Chris I like the bass parts and the movement in the sounds. Think that's all pretty cool, interesting even. The drums sound weak though, a bit flat and could be much more dynamic and interesting. They just sound a bit, I dunno, generic electronic, without any layering or creative sampling. Find 3 different snares and layer them into one. Do the same with the kick. Or find a kick and snare that already have a lot of impact. Or find a loop thats killer and chop it up. Without that kind of approach to the groove it just sounds super dated. Also I get its a sketch but it sounds like one. Could be an actual song but it needs a fair bit more work to be one.
Strontium Music

Image

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR

User avatar
Protoplasym
Regular Reader
Regular Reader
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 am

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#12 Post by Protoplasym » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:22 am

alex_virr wrote:Hey Chris I like the bass parts and the movement in the sounds. Think that's all pretty cool, interesting even. The drums sound weak though, a bit flat and could be much more dynamic and interesting. They just sound a bit, I dunno, generic electronic, without any layering or creative sampling. Find 3 different snares and layer them into one. Do the same with the kick. Or find a kick and snare that already have a lot of impact. Or find a loop thats killer and chop it up. Without that kind of approach to the groove it just sounds super dated. Also I get its a sketch but it sounds like one. Could be an actual song but it needs a fair bit more work to be one.
I find it interesting you think the drums are weak considering I find them so meaty. :p I'm not sure if I layered that KD, but I know I spent a good hour constructing that SD with multiple layers, and I've literally thought about EQing some of the low and mid out of the SD because I thought it sounded a little too big.

No doubt. I think I started this back in '06 or '07, I do remember it had over 100 MBs of sounds and what not, it'll be a killer tune one of these days when I take the time to finish it. Funny, Questicles liked it too.


Thanks for the feedback, Alex.

User avatar
Doomo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 12173
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:39 pm
Location: cuntford
Contact:

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#13 Post by Doomo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:19 am

Protoplasym wrote:
Doomo wrote:I'm learning from the best 8)

Edit: Its not all deep house btw ;)
I've always respected Tune Threads, you know that.

I scanned through it and only heard House... wonder if I missed something special in there. :(

*edit* - Ok, at 30 minutes, that is a funky jam right there, I like that one. The constant snare triplet work is slick and the vocals are beyond jiving... can't go wrong with the constant porn guitar wah lick as well. :pimp: @ 32ish, wow that Lead is funky as can be. I listened to the Mix-Out of that one, nice... going into that big SD with the hat layer on it, worked well. So pardon moi, 99% House, 1 Breakbeat tune. :tongue:


Now go study my "Headbang" sketch and learn something about Nuskool Breakbeat.
8)
yes nice tune that. found it in amongst DnB would you believe (the guy usually makes DnB). Breaks the mix up nicely (which swings between nu disco and deep / tech) Gave up on breaks about 8 years ago. It went all clinical and shite. Even general midi's tracks went all harsh and nasty sounding.
Deep house with a pretty lush vocal. Its actually quite good 8)

Link to track on SoundCloud

User avatar
Protoplasym
Regular Reader
Regular Reader
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 am

Re: [tune] Neural Tech - Headbang sketch

#14 Post by Protoplasym » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Doomo wrote:
Protoplasym wrote:
Doomo wrote:I'm learning from the best 8)

Edit: Its not all deep house btw ;)
I've always respected Tune Threads, you know that.

I scanned through it and only heard House... wonder if I missed something special in there. :(

*edit* - Ok, at 30 minutes, that is a funky jam right there, I like that one. The constant snare triplet work is slick and the vocals are beyond jiving... can't go wrong with the constant porn guitar wah lick as well. :pimp: @ 32ish, wow that Lead is funky as can be. I listened to the Mix-Out of that one, nice... going into that big SD with the hat layer on it, worked well. So pardon moi, 99% House, 1 Breakbeat tune. :tongue:


Now go study my "Headbang" sketch and learn something about Nuskool Breakbeat.
8)
yes nice tune that. found it in amongst DnB would you believe (the guy usually makes DnB). Breaks the mix up nicely (which swings between nu disco and deep / tech) Gave up on breaks about 8 years ago. It went all clinical and shite. Even general midi's tracks went all harsh and nasty sounding.
Do what? :cow: How can one give up on Breakbeat? That defies all logic. Seriously though, you just don't like aggressive tunes or was there more to it than that?

Post Reply